I don’t know who comes up with these holidays. But according to my Dover Publications newsletter, tomorrow (August 2nd) is National Coloring Book Day.
Sounds like a good excuse to play some math!
Mathy Coloring Resources to Download
- Joel David Hamkins’s Graph Coloring for Kids and Graph Theory for Kids.
- Marshall Hampton’s Mathematical Coloring Book.
- Martin Holtham’s Mathematical Colouring Pages.
- Follow the links at Clarissa Grandi’s Artful Maths blog.
- My own Geometric Coloring Designs book includes printable coloring pages plus links to a variety of creative math art project ideas.
- And some classic Free Math from Dover Publications.
If you know of any other free math coloring resources, please share a link in the comments below.
A Challenge Ahead
This month, I’ve joined a blog posting challenge called #MTBoSBlaugust.
At first, I thought of trying to post every day, but there’s no way I will keep up with that. So I’ll set my goal for at least one post each week.
A simple, modest goal. But if I manage it, that will be four times the pace I’ve set in recent months.
One post down…
CREDITS: “School Crayons” photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash.
Want to help your kids learn math? Claim your free 24-page problem-solving booklet, and sign up to hear about new books, revisions, and sales or other promotions.