Check it out:
- Celebrating Square Root Day
- Have a rootin’ tootin’ Square Root Day
- Prime, Composite, and Square Numbers activity
- Free, printable Square Roots Worksheets
- About the Pythagorean Theorem
- Pythagorean Puzzle — a lesson plan prototype
- 81 proofs of the Pythagorean Theorem
And coming soon: Pi Day.
Edited to add: Jonathan‘s class enjoyed extending the concept to include other products. Using the m/d/yy format (not the 4-digit year), how many times in your life has it been true that ?
5 thoughts on “Happy Square Root Day!”
I’ve seen a bunch of square root day posts today, but no one else had a photo of a tree with actual square roots. That’s pretty cool.
I should offer a hat-tip to Miss Cellania, who wrote the first article above. She found the tree with square roots at Flickr and included it near the end of her post. I loved the picture and just had to use it.
Love the photo! And, I wish I would have known earlier today… we could have had some square root fun! Thanks for the links!
Thanks for finding these! I’m so sorry I missed it yesterday!
The rootin’ tootin’ one is sad. The author is taking her stand as a math-phobe.
My Math classes loved square root day. Check out our video on my blog at http://pnaugle.blogspot.com/