The MathCounts Club Program provides enrichment activities and puzzles for 6th-8th grade math clubs within schools — and homeschool groups may join, too! Participants receive a free Club in a Box Resource Kit, which includes the Club Resource Guide, two game boards to accompany one of the meeting plans, 12 MathCounts pencils,
and a MathCounts tote bag for the coach. (Apparently they had good intentions, but they didn’t follow through. My box had no tote.)
A school (or homeschool group) may choose to participate in the Club Program, the competition or both programs. Since these programs can complement each other, any school that registers for the MathCounts competition automatically gets the Club in a Box Resource Kit, too.
For more information, check out these links:
- Sample “Game and Puzzle Month” meeting plan
- Sample Silver Level Challenge problem set
- 2011-2012 MathCounts School Handbook
- MathCounts Problems of the Week
- Updated Eligibility Guidelines for Homeschools and Virtual Schools (competition program)
- Register online
Want to help your kids learn math? Claim your free 24-page problem-solving booklet, and sign up to hear about new books, revisions, and sales or other promotions.