Mathematicians Ask Questions
If we want to teach our children to think mathematically, we need to model and encourage asking questions. For instance:
- What is the difference between the rectangular sounds and the round ones?
- At 5:20, the orange notes (violin) change to a different shape. Why? What change in the sound does this represent?
What questions does the video inspire for you? I’d love to hear your comments!
- Kids and the Music Animation Machine
- A Closer Look at Music Animation Machine Notation
- Music, Mind, and Meaning
- About the Piano Trio No. 2 (Schubert)
Get monthly math tips and activity ideas, and be the first to hear about new books, revisions, and sales or other promotions. Sign up for my Tabletop Academy Press Updates email list.