6/28 is τ Day.
Tau = τ = one turn around the circle = = 2π = 6.28318…
How do mathematicians celebrate τ Day?
Protest! Share anti-π propaganda.
And eat two pies…
For More Details
- The original Pi is Wrong article
- The Tau Manifesto
- 100,000 digits of τ
- and more “Pi is Wrong!” links
- The Pi Manifesto
The Bloggers Weigh In
- Pi is still wrong via Annoying Precision
- Let’s drop pi via squareCircleZ
- Tau Day via Grey Matters
- Not About Apples, Tau, Day, Series
- Tau Day Leftovers, including a Taudoku puzzle
- Mathematical Cat Fight via Mad Kane’s Humor Blog
- Tau Day Limerick (my contribution)
If you’re convinced and you’re wondering how to bring more widespread acceptance of tau, then all you need to do is start using it. At the start of anything where you’d normally use pi, simply write “For convenience, τ= 2π”, and then get on with your dramatically simpler and more friendly equations.
4 thoughts on “Happy Tau Day”
I love this blog! Thanks for the idea. Yep…two pies today. My girls will be thrilled…and they won’t even know we’re doing math, really, which, at this point in their lives, is a good thing. Pumpkin and Boysenberry, I think. 🙂
Thanks for the great ideas, videos and links. Keep ’em coming!
Thanks so much for linking my limerick!