To celebrate their re-release of his classic puzzle books, the Dover Math and Science Newsletter featured an interview with Raymond Smullyan, as well as several extended excerpts from his books. (For my math club students: Professor Smullyan invented the Knights and Knaves puzzles.) Enjoy!
- Author Interview: Raymond Smullyan
- Alice in Puzzle-Land excerpt 1
- Alice in Puzzle-Land excerpt 2
- The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes excerpt 1
- The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes excerpt 2
- What Is the Name of This Book? excerpt
- Set Theory and the Continuum Problem excerpt
- Raymond Smullyan puzzles: truly deep, hardly true, and deeply hard
Want to help your kids learn math? Claim your free 24-page problem-solving booklet, and sign up to hear about new books, revisions, and sales or other promotions.