Here is yet another wonderful summer math opportunity for homeschoolers or anyone who works with kids: a free, 3-week mini-course on math problem solving for all ages.
The course is being organized by Dr. James Tanton, Dr. Maria Droujkova, and Yelena McManaman. The course participants include families, math clubs, playgroups, and other small circles casually exploring adventurous mathematics with kids of any age.
Would you like to join us? Check out the mpsMOOC13 home page for instructions. The deadline for joining is
July 7 July 3.
And then the real fun begins!
Goals of the Course
- Offer your kids math-rich play.
- Learn how to adapt the same mathematical problem for children of different ages, interests, and walks of life.
- Meet other adventurous parents and educators.
- Participate in making a high-quality, open license book (like the earlier book, Moebius Noodles: Adventurous Math for the Playground Crowd, which grew out of a similar course).
- Contribute to research in mathematics education.
Want to help your kids learn math? Claim your free 24-page problem-solving booklet, and sign up to hear about new books, revisions, and sales or other promotions.