Do you have a favorite blog post about math activities, games, lessons, or hands-on fun? The Playful Math Blog Carnival would love to feature your article!
We welcome math topics from preschool through the first year of calculus. Old posts are welcome, as long as they haven’t been published in past editions of this carnival.
Don’t procrastinate: The deadline for entries is this Friday, June 21. The carnival will be posted next week at Math Hombre blog.
Have you noticed a new math blogger on your block that you’d like to introduce to the rest of us? Feel free to submit another blogger’s post in addition to your own. Beginning bloggers are often shy about sharing, but like all of us, they love finding new readers.
Need an Idea-Starter?
If you haven’t written anything about math lately, here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing…
- Talking Math with Kids: Children often have surprising insight. Even when they’re confused about math, their point of view can open our adult eyes to new understanding. Share your kids’ stories.
- Games or Activities: Do you have a game, activity, or anecdote about teaching math to young students? We’d love to play along.
- Lesson Ideas: This section is for arithmetic explorations, geometry puzzles, trig investigations, contest-preparation tips, and more. Can you make math topics come alive, so they will stick in a student’s mind?
- Teaching Tips: Other teachers’ blogs are an important factor in my continuing education. The more I read about the theory and practice of teaching math, the more I realize how much I have yet to learn. So please, fellow teachers, don’t be shy — share your insights!
- Mathematical Recreations: What kind of math do you do, just for fun?
Explore the Other Math Carnivals
While you’re waiting for next week’s carnival, you may enjoy:
- Browsing past editions of the Playful Math Blog Carnival
- Or visiting the latest Carnival of Mathematics
Want to help your kids learn math? Claim your free 24-page problem-solving booklet, and sign up to hear about new books, revisions, and sales or other promotions.